Terms and Conditions
Wedding ceremonies and other special events are permitted at Rosedown Plantation State Historic Site, but only if the client agrees in writing to abide to all the following conditions in addition to those conditions set forth by the Louisiana Office of State Parks:
A Written request from the client must be received by the site manager no later than 60 days prior to the proposed event. The written request will detail the “who, what, when and how” of the proposed event.
- Ceremonies and other events cannot take place during normal operating hours, on holidays that the site is closed, or on dates of Rosedown Plantation’s special events and programs.
Regular hours of operation are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. everyday with the exception of Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Years Day since the site is closed for the observance of these holidays. The time in which a ceremony or event can take place is after 5:00 p.m. and while natural light is still available.
- The cost is $300.00 per hour with $200.00 charged as a non-refundable advanced deposit that is due within 10 days of scheduling the ceremony or event. Payment in full must be received prior to the ceremony or event. The hourly cost begins at 5:00 p.m. and ends when clean up is complete and all guests and venders are off the property.
- The ceremony or event may take place anywhere on the grounds, but it CANNOT take place inside any historic structure. As an accredited museum, the historic house and the other on-site historic structures will not be open for use before, during or after any wedding ceremony or special event. However, the ceremony or event may take place from the porch of the main historic house, the porch of Miss Nina’s Wing, or the gazebos located in the garden.
- Food, drinks, chairs, tables, lighting, amplifiers, or other event materials are to be supplied by the client, within certain limits. All outside material proposed for the ceremony or event must be given prior approval by the site manager.
- The maximum capacity permitted is 100 people. The parking is also limited as the parking area at Rosedown Plantation can only accommodate about 50 vehicles.
- The client is responsible for cleanup of the grounds, including the disposal of food items, and for ensuring that the grounds are restored to the condition they were found. A responsible member of the wedding party must stay on the grounds until after the wedding and clean up are complete.
The Louisiana Office of State Parks owns and operates Rosedown Plantation as a historic site for the purposes of education and preservation. The terms and conditions stated above are to protect the integrity of this historic site as well as its mission. Please refer to the Facility Use Agreement for additional information.